reshape the ideology of fashion
pt. 1: tips on how to transform the way you shop
Oct 3, 2018
by Diane & Lena
two twins, diane and lena, from the heavenly but fragile mauritius island, transformed the way they shop after realizing the current model of fashion is broken. in pursuit, they’re sharing their travel adventures to spread their eco-story and raise awareness. from behind the scenes with fashion manufacturers to meeting designers and business leaders, they encourage us to be more conscientious in shopping. they demonstrate that through wise decision-making, you can look good and feel good when shopping sustainably.
3 checkpoints for a sustainable brand
- shared value
- creation driven
- using sustainability fundamentally, not as a brand image
- labor standards (no child labor, minimum wage fulfillment, reasonable working hours…)
- increase the well being of all life on our planet
- transparency with customers
- understand the life cycle and environmental impact of all activities
- use organic natural or recycled materials
-seek to continuously innovate by using disruptive technologies to reduce production impact to a minimum
in one sentence what would you tell customers?
choose your brand wisely, you can use the same buying process but create a completely different impact!
how do you care for your jeans in a sustainable way?
1. wash your denim as little as possible, not only to prevent shrinking & fading but to conserve water, which lessens the negative impact on the environment. when they are in need of a wash, turn jeans inside-out & wash separately in cold water and line dry, if possible.
2. embellished or coated denim that's professionally dry-cleaned can actually damage fragile details like embroidery, and over time, wear away waxy finishes. so, instead, soak your speciality denim in cold water for up to 10 minutes without detergent, then lay flat until dry.